Powered by Blogger.

Adventures in Muslin


posted by Kendra on

No comments

After some research, pattern reviews, planned modifications, and some Craftsy class watching, I finally bit the bullet this afternoon and started on my first toile. Having made a skirt or two before, I figured I should start there. I bought Burda 8155 last week and, after some reading up, decided to do a lapped zipper instead of the invisible one and to replace the back skirt slit with a vent.



 I had forgotten how time consuming fitting is - thankfully the Craftsy class I have been watching is a couture class, and the instructor recommended cutting wide seam allowances so you have room to move the seams about. Thank goodness. I'm definitely not a fitting model.



End of the day and, while I have a few last modifications to the waistband, I think I'm ready to move ahead with the skirt. I rummaged through my fabric stash tonight and think I'll hold out until this weekend's trip to LA's garment district to look for some lightweight wool. Most of the wools that I have are either patterned (houndstooth or plaid) or fairly heavy.

email: kendrabork(a)gmail.com

everything on this site © kendra bork except where noted | please do not use without permission