Powered by Blogger.

Tiny Roses Sorbetto


posted by Kendra on

No comments

I've offered to teach a couple of my friends how to sew from a pattern. I came across the Sorbetto pattern (it's free!) at the Colette patterns site. (Search Sorbetto to find it posted in the blog.)

After making the skirt muslin, I briefly toyed with the idea of making a quick muslin for this pattern. But no. I figured I'd make a wearable muslin - aka just make the darn thing and hope it turns out.


(Sorry for the wrinkles. This is after wearing it. I had intended to have my sister or husband take a picture of me in it, but I ended up working late, etc., etc.)

Side note: I used the same fabric to line a clutch I crocheted a few years ago. I loved it the first time and just happened to see it again at the fabric store!



Learning points:
-Exposed bias binding. (Really reminded me of quilt binding, but just not hand stitched.)
-Seam binding. (Thank you to Laura Mae at the Lilacs and Lace blog for the tutorial and idea!)
-Pleats. (Revisited.)
-I am really short shouldered? Any sleeveless tops or ones with straps generally need to be taken in. This one I will test a 1 1/2" decrease at the shoulder seam next time.

I have a black with white polka dots fabric that is waiting in the wings for the next Sorbetto top. Oh, and red seam tape. Just because!

email: kendrabork(a)gmail.com

everything on this site © kendra bork except where noted | please do not use without permission