Powered by Blogger.

New house!


posted by Kendra on ,

No comments

For those who have been following me on Twitter, you'll have probably seen that Gary and I just closed on our first home!



It's a 1951 bungalow on 1/3 of an acre in the historic area of town, and we purchased it from the original owners who built the house. I really want to keep it as original as possible, which means I'm scouring restoration blogs to make sure the changes that I'd like to make won't detract from its charm. Who knew it would be so hard to find out what door knob finishes are considered appropriate for that time period?! (I'm reduced to looking at pictures in the blogs and going based on what is currently there. They may have been polished brass at one time - though I'm not a big fan of polished brass, so I'm looking for alternatives.) It looks like the tulip shape is proper.

I think I should have taken pictures of the current knobs - I only took one of the front door lockset.

Did I mention I've always wanted a magnolia tree? (Are my southern roots showing?)

email: kendrabork(a)gmail.com

everything on this site © kendra bork except where noted | please do not use without permission